Those are non-salty shortbread but you can also add some freshly grated parmesan in and serve them with italian ham to start a dinner !
Makes around 20 shortbreads:
150 gr flour
50 gr soft butter
5 cl extra olive oil
7 gr fresh minced basil leaf
* In a bowl mix flour and minced basil leaf.
* Add diced butter, olive oil and mix with your fingers.
* Add the egg and keep kneading with your hands until it makes a smooth dough.
* Roll into a 20 cm long and 5 cm thick tube and wrap it into plastic paper. Allow to harden into the fridge for 1h (or 20 minutes into the freezer).
* Preheat your oven on 180°C 15 minutes before taking the dough out of the fridge.
* Once the dough its cold take the plastic paper out and cut into 1.5cm thick pieces.
* Place the shortbreads on a baking tray cover with baking paper and jab the top of each ones with a fork.
* Bake for 15 minutes or until well golden.
* Allow to completely cool down on a rack.
* Make the lemon curd following this recipe.
Serve once your lemon curd is cold !
... FOLLOW ME ON ...